****Disclaimer****** If you are just blog hopping and don't really know me, don't read this one. It's about poo.
Toni, you stole my luck this morning. I'll rabbit rabbit you.
Clark woke up from his nap, happy and squaking, and I set him on the bed to watch some Disney channel while I finished getting ready. I checked on him a few times and he was talking to the TV, very content. Then I went in and he looked up at me with a smile on his face. . . and poo everywhere else. His diaper had funneled his poo right out on to the bedspread and he started finger painting with it. It was all over his face, his arms, his legs, his clothes, the bedspread, the remote control, the pillow case. I became frantic and told him to stay calm. I grabbed him and ran him into the bathroom, dropping globules of poo as we went. I stepped in one and tracked it around for a while before I found it. Now its all cleaned up and the tub and sink are bleached, but I still smell it everywhere.
When I was still pregnant, I went visiting teaching to Kate in Logan and she told me that her daughter did that once, she was behind the couch, finger painting on the walls with her poo. I thought that was simply the most disgusting thing I had ever heard of. I thought, "i'll be able to handle anything as a mother, except for that."
Today, I realized my own strength.
13 comments:
Oh Boy Jan...when I got your text I had no idea! What a disaster! I'm queasy just reading this. Geoff came home laughing from school, and so we checked your blog to find the full story. Wow!!! That's all I can say.
oh bless you and clark's little and big poo.
Where's the pictures? You keep holding out on us for these potentially fantastic and historic images!
It does sound wonderfully disgusting.
That's nasty. I'm glad you were able to take control of the situation and get it all cleaned up!
Ha ha ha ha!!! Thanks again Jan! Your blog gives me the giggles!
Kind of a circle of life thing, could we ever tell you stories. Particularly we remembered the fun evenings we had when Thad was wheat intolerant.
ah, the old poop and paint trick. -good times..
I hope your linens will survive.
Actually, sad story about the linens. I rinsed the bedspread in the washer twice before washing it, and I think the hot rinse was a bad idea. Now the bedspread is just about 2 inches too short on everyside.
Of course, this coincided perfectly with the fact that I finally finished the bedskirt and matching shams this week. Now we might need to get a new everything. Probably not though. If you notice that its too short, just turn the other way and don't say anything.
I had a friend tell me today about her little girl sticking her hand in her diaper twice this week and spreading poo all over her crib. She took comfort in your story knowing that her child is not the only one who fingerpaints with poo.
That is sick, man. You better teach that boy some manners, or you know where he'll end up?! That place where Beetle works!
All I have to say is.... CLASSIC. You always know something wrong/going on when you see the ever present sneeky smile. And of course when you see poop all over your baby's face. Hee hee! Don't you just love being a mom?!?
I think I was sitting in an RS lesson once titled "Motherhood: a rewarding career"
Post a Comment