Monday, October 22, 2007

Looking for a good lemonade recipe. . .

On Saturday we decided to drive to Houston so we could go to Ben's high-school friend's wedding reception. His wife is from Houston.

We decided that since we were there, we would stop in and visit our good friends, the Hansens. They are doing well, and Jacob is slowly morphing from Kitty to Star Wars officianado. We had a delicious dinner with them and then left in a hurry to get to the reception early so we could get back home by midnight.

And we pulled into an empty church parking lot an hour later. Apparently the reception had been changed to the night before. Wish we would've known.

So in an effort to make the experience positive, we had some brownies and milk from a truck stop and once Clark finally stopped screaming and went to sleep, it wasn't so bad. The good news is that even though we spent all day in the car and used two tanks of gas, we got to spend LOTS of time together and we learned all about the integumentary system.

5 comments:

JethRobyn said...

I like Houston..other then it's incredibly flat and I could never get my directions right in that mass of city, My suster lived there for a year or so, she was a nanny. I'm sorry you drove all the way there for nothing though. Way to be positive about it. I'm glad you got in some good family time!

the Danosaur said...

And to think we never even asked you last night how your trip to Houston was....I hang my head in shame. But it sounds like you already know how to make some decent lemonade.

Dani said...

You got to see the Hansen's? Lucky! (And I'm surprised to hear that Jacob is losing the kittyness.. LOL (is that even a word??)

PS - Kurt has a killer limeade recipe on our blog if you are indeed looking...

Jessica F. said...

Totally something that would happen to us! I do love road trips, because you get a LOT of quality time together!!!

Beetle said...

The integumentary system is my personal favorite. I was confused when you said you bought milk, I though lemonade was really part of the story.