Thursday, July 23, 2009

Potty Training Log 7.23.01

Sorry that this post is going to be so boring.

He had NO accidents today!

Some notable highlights include:
  • Going #1 on the potty at Wal-Mart. This is notable because he has a little throne thing that he perches on atop the potty at home. He refuses to sit on the seat that us commoners use. But he didn't resist sitting on the Wal-Mart one!
  • Goings #1 AND 2 at Sam's Club. (Sam Walton would have loved our day). Man, that almost brought tears to my eyes.
  • I've neglected to mention that our nights have become more interesting since potty training too. Maybe some of you have experienced it too. He's finally been sleeping through the night consistently for the past few months but after the Shoeless Dream, he's been a little more wacky. Two nights ago, the only time going potty was a priority was between 4:45-6:00 am, by the time I finally figured out what he was SCREAMING for and why he wouldn't just GO TO BED, he was done sleeping and so was I. Then last night, he cried at midnight and then went potty, and had some yogurt. On the plus side, he's woken up dry in the morning and from his naps lately.
  • An un-potty related incident but still notable was the tender mercy of the car breaking down AT an auto shop while I was getting it inspected. They checked my battery and told me it was dead. The warranty on it was going to expire at the end of the month and we got a new one for $1.93. I love when things like that happen.
Tomorrow will be our last potty training log, with lessons learned, a highlight reel, and a yearbook signing at the end. Stick around for the free concert from John Fogerty (get it? John!?)

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I haven't read all the logs but I'm glad Clark's doing well. A couple things to watch out for. Micaela and Mary both regressed after sometime, so don't be surprised if he starts having accidents after being perfect for awhile. Also, Micaela now does the potty dance as she has started waiting till the last possible minute to go. I hate that.

hosander said...

congratulations, you made it through the week, and it was so worth it! Anna sends her congratulations to Clarkie as well.