Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Sneak Peek at Life under Madame President

Clark's medicaid needs to be renewed. I sent in the renewal form before we left on Christmas break.

Still haven't heard a thing.

He has a checkup in a week.


I called the number listed on the back of our medicaid paper. They referred me to three other numbers. I called those numbers and they referred me to three other numbers. I have been calling those numbers since yesterday about every hour from 8 - 5.

Mostly it just rings rings rings rings and my cell phone gives up before I am willing to. "User 2102812306 busy". Sometimes, it won't even ring through. It just hangs up.

Finally, after trying 19 times, I got a person on the other end of the phone this morning! "Kidsmedhowcanidirectyourcall?" "Um, I need to find out the status of my son's reapplication." "onemomentplease"

Ring, ring, ring, ring, ring, ring, ring, ring. .

"You have reached the voice messaging service of bureaucratic nonsense. Unfortunately, the extension you have dialed does not subscribe to this service. Goodbye".

I've been trying since then but only gotten a headache.

Don't vote for Hillary.

6 comments:

Kim said...

Holy Cow! thats crazy rediculous!

Hillery said...

If you add it all together, I have wasted approximately 6 days of my life with Medicaid and WIC, either on the phone or at the office. Gotta love it!

Dianna said...

I'm sure if we polled the few number of people on medicaid and/or WIC that read this blog, we could come up with years of wasted time.

THE ORMES said...

Jan - it's Rachel Orme - I've been doing the Medicaid thing for a bit and have learned it's best to go to the Texas Health and Humans Service Commission website and e-mail them. It e-mails the main offices in Austin. I did that and got a phone call 30 minutes later and my issue resolved the next day. NEVER go through the office here in San Antonio if you have a problem because it's just a pain. Skip a few levels and it all works out nicely. You're welcome to talk to me if you have any more questions. Good luck!!! I look forward to the day when I no longer have to deal with them!!

THE ORMES said...

Here's the e-mail. Hopefully it'll yield more results.

contact@hhsc.state.tx.us

Good luck!

Katie and Eric said...

I feel the same way. A few days after Megan was born they called and told me that our insurance had been terminated on Oct. 1st and so she wouldn't be covered. We got it all worked out, but it is very frustrating to work with. I am glad to see that you got his card. Definately praying is the one thing you can do. GOOD LUCK!!!