Thursday, January 31, 2008

And so it begins.

Last night, I had a dream.

I had a baby girl and she was HUGE. As big as Clark--probably 30 inches long, hair, six teeth, kind of crazy eyes. We named her Lola (L-O-L-A, Lola - after the transvestite in the song). They did a c-section while I was sitting on a chair, which was very convenient.

Then they took her to the NICU for transition.

When they brought her back, she seemed so huge that we wondered if it was really our baby, even though we had seen the doctor extract her from my upright belly. So we questioned the high-school-aged intern (who looked suspiciously like cousin Bret). He said he would check and see.

I think he was just trying to appease us because he brought back a really petite African baby and told us that we were right--this was our baby, not the other one.

Then I woke up.

ps. Clark's medicaid card came in the mail yesterday. I never did get through to the office. I think when you are dealing with medicaid, just praying is the most efficient way to get things done.

7 comments:

Heather E. said...

Pregnancy dreams mess with people! Lola is not really a bad name though! And at least she came with teeth without teething. She just got it over with in the womb. Good luck nursing that child.

Deidra said...

I always enjoyed your crazy pregnancy dreams with Clark. You'll have to keep us posted!

Beetle said...

Being born with teeth would be great. That way babies could eat fries!

amelia and crew said...

Oh my heck! I'm having pregnancy amnesia. I think I wasnt to get pregnant again, and then someone reminds me of the freaky things about being pregnant...crazy dreams that you think are real!

Jolyn said...

I never had one single pregnancy dream when I was pregnant... No clues as to whether we would have a boy or girl, large or small, or even white or African (although I had a pretty good guess on that one). Nothing. I'm kind of jealous... Your dreams just sound much more interesting than mine, overall.

Jenni S said...

Wow Jan - that is one funny dream. I'm glad it was one. I remember having freaky dreams being pregnant with Kaleb, but not with the girls - maybe your having another boy - or you're just a dreamer. We'll see.

Unknown said...

now that's funny! I had dreams with Matthew. I used to dream of a very large curly haired baby with big blue eyes. It was a boy, but the other stuff was wishful thinking... I hope you do get the girl though, just not a very large one!