How about another example: I was really excited to move to Ulan Ude and be companions with a certain fantastic Sister Ibey, it was an answer to my prayer that we got along so well, had similar visions about how the Gospel should be spread, and had complementary personalities. What a tremendous answer to a prayer--then fast forward to now, to my new friend Ann-Marie--she has so much of Ibey in her that I feel like I already know her inside and out. Automatic BFF in SA. It makes me wonder if my prayer in Russia needed to be answered in Texas as well to be complete. Maybe its never complete. Maybe we're all interconnected in a web of people and relationships that is tailored exactly for our earth experience, and maybe our web is enormous, or maybe its' tiny and the same people or personalities keep appearing, but it is exactly what we need to learn while we're here.
And now, here is a picture of my boss, his family and us in our apartment on Sunday.
8 comments:
Is Ann-Marie's maiden name Ericson, and is she from Spokane, because Ibey reminded me of that girl from Spokane when I first met her. Talk about interconnected.
Can you please teach Toni and me how to make friends our own age? You are really good at it. We are not so good at it. Seriously. Please teach us what to do.
Those Rasmussens are good folks. I appreciate your observations on answers to prayers, because it's good for me to be reminded to pay a little bit more attention to how I am blessed!
Prayers are answered all the time. Most people who don't see the miracles don't know where to look for them.
Life passes by those who don't stop to consider how God could make life better. Pray for help. If you just accept your lot in life, then your lot will remain the same.
Also, the more specific the prayer is, the more likely you'll recognize its fruition. "Please bless Suzy," and "Please help Suzy find a job," will both be answered; you just won't know it if the first one was.
Whoa. How did you know I was looking for a job?
You are an answer to my prayers too. Blessings come when we need them most. :)
It is truly amazing how prayers are answered. Tim and I were recently speakers at a youth fireside and I shared a story from my youth and how Heavenly Father answered my prayers and as Tim and I were talking about it beforehand, I realized that it wasn't until a few years after the fact that I realized what an amazing answer to prayer I had had. I hope that all makes sense.
Suzy, I betcha you find a great job. Turns out we all need each other. My sister is so awesome.
Post a Comment