Friday, November 17, 2006

Jan's Awkward Moves

Two nights ago I was getting ready for my late-night walk with Lisa (whose child's pictures are below) and it involved some long underwear. Its cold in Logan.

As I was attempting to get my jogging pants/stretchy pants off and the long underwear on underneath them without bending over (because I can't), Ben noticed my dilemma. He offered to help me get them off if I would lie down on the bed. He pulled at my pant bottoms, and sure enough, they came off.

Then came time for putting them back on, over the long underwear. Remembering the success of our previous experience, I bounced backward back onto the bed and inadvertently caught the handy length of yarn hanging from the ceiling fan (to facilitate turning the light and fan on and off while still in bed) under my armpit. As I crashed to the bed, the lights went out, the fan shook the ceiling, the yarn broke off in my armpit and I burst out in horrified laughter. I couldn't get through the laughter to explain my brilliant plan to Ben.

I think the yarn-burn in my armpit will heal fully & my walk was toasty.

2 comments:

hosander said...

This is officially hilarious. and Thad called to ask me what a Zephyr was and I was laughing really hard at the time.

Anonymous said...

This really isn't in response to this post (although it was nice): Your laptop advice is well-taken. And it helps me to know that you made a similar "fun" purchase (of the motorcycle). I think we're going to wait until just after Christmas, then get it.