
Emily Dickinson** is back in commission. We're heading to Utah on Friday for a glorious 6-8 week vacation/work. Vacation for me, work for Ben. That's the deal we made when we got married.
So, see y'all soon!
**for those of you who don't name your cars, the traditional way to do it in the Gillespie family is famous American authors for cars and Russian composers for motorcycles. The collective family has had a Hemingway, Faulkner, Steinbeck, and Rachmaninoff (or Rocky, as his friends call him).Which ones am I forgetting?
9 comments:
Oh I miss Faulkner! Faulky and I had good times.
Emily Dickinson is very beautiful...
I thought that naming convention was genius when you first told me it. I still do.
Beetle had Fenimore, MyBen's is Fitzgerald, and my car is Longfellow, I think dad tried to name is truck Salinger, but it didn't stick - it's more suited to mom's new car anyway
Ah man, we're not going to be there until August.
You know, Robyn and I never really named our cars, but my favorite American authors are Kurt Vonnegut and Dr. Seuss. So from now on, my car can be Kurt, and Robyn's Honda could go by Theo (also homage to Dr. Huxtable's lovable teenage son).
Emily Dickinson reminds me a lot of Fozzie's car in The Muppet Movie. All it needs is a paint job from The Electric Mayhem group, and you'll be... "movin' right along!" Will you be driving Ms./Miss/Mrs. Dickinson to Utah?
Yeah, that's not really Emily. I just did it to fake people out. Emily is in two posts down. We drove and we made it!
Have fun in Utah! I'm so jealous of the weather you'll be experiencing this summer over there compared to here!
I hope that doesn't mean your posts will be on vacation, too. Have a fantastic time in Edgemont.
I'm jealous. Very jealous.
(Is Ben from Utah, too?)
Post a Comment