Thursday, May 01, 2008

Welcome To The Big City, or, Jerks!



Ben awoke me this morning with the news that our car had been broken into.

Jerks.

They couldn't get the stereo out, but at least they managed to mangle it beyond repair and slice up the dash a little bit.

We're just grateful that they didn't take anything valuable.

We've been so blessed these last four years, I guess it is about our turn to take one for the team.

11 comments:

Ann-Marie said...

Oh no! I'm sooo sorry! It was your fancy new radio I bet. Do you need to borrow our car?

Deidra said...

How frustrating! I don't know about you, but I think I would have felt better if they'd actually taken the radio, instead of just messing up everything. (But, if that were the case, I wouldn't have thought about them just mangling it and leaving it, so I still would be upset!)

Jolyn said...

Jerks! You have a great attitude though. I'm pretty sure I would fail to think of the previous four years of blessings. I would probably just have the pessimistic, Miss Attitude, "Why does this always happen to me?" whine. Good job, optimists.

I'm really sorry about your car.

Dani said...

that makes me feel all yucky inside. sorry guys.

the Danosaur said...

!!!!!!!

Wow. I'm sorry that there are jerks out there.

JethRobyn said...

Such jerks..I'll beat them up.

Diana said...

I agree with Jolyn. Way to pull a positive attitude after that. I'm sorry about your car. That is never fun to have happen.

JEM said...

Oh my gosh. There's a special hell reserved for people who mess with the Franciscos. I'm so sorry, you guys.

Kimber said...

Nick saw the pictures and without reading the post or title said, "Some people are such jerks." I think we're all agreed. Sorry.

Clean Cut said...

Found your blog through the "group" blog "What do Mormons believe?". I was surprised to see "San Antonio" as the location since that's where we live too. So sorry about the car. We had some kids break the ash tray out a few months ago trying to get just a few cents--but at least I left the doors unlocked for them that night so our windows are still intact. I'm now convinced that we need to go camping along the Guadalupe river. Beautiful pictures. Was that a state park?

Unknown said...

Ahhh! that makes me so mad! I'm sorry you guys! that stinks. If it makes you feel any better I've had this happen to me like 3 times in Dallas. It makes you feel so yucky!