Saturday, January 24, 2009

Smorgasbord

Several things:

1) I got a new haircut.

2) Eva is super cute.



3) Today at the store, my sitting-up-now Eva was sitting next to Clarky in the basket and Clark had his arm around her shoulders the entire time. I felt like a celebrity the way everyone we passed was fawning over us. But, seriously, it was so cute.

4) The Sam's Club near my house now accepts my "Free Food Card".

5) I found the equivalent of the Costco tortillas at the local HEB. They are called Guerreros and they look like this:
I just passed over them every time because they are all in Spanish. So is their website.

6) I am now a nearly-published freelancer, as TAMN would say "with no skills or experience".
7) I am declaring this Wednesday Spring Cleaning day. I may even rearrange the furniture.

22 comments:

JethRobyn said...

I can't believe how much hair you cut off, it looks so c=stinking cute! Yes yes Eva is pretty much the cutest, holy cow, I can't wait to have a little car. I wish I could have seen Clarky and Eva together in the cart. I can't wait to kiss both of those little chubby cheeks :)Way to push your entrepreneurial skills!

Deidra said...

Cute, cute hair!

Unknown said...

besides your hair news, the next biggest news is that SAM'S accepts our food card!!! WHOO-HOO! BTW, wanna take our family pics?

the browns said...

ah!! I LOVE HED tortillas!! Man, I miss Texas food! Good thing we are moving to Houston in January! Your kids are so cute. I am glad you all are doing well.

Mariley Johnson said...

Jan, so many exciting things to talk about in your post.
If only I had a Sam's card...will this be a Costco development too I wonder?
I must try the tortillas in case my years supply of Costco kind dissapear from my freezer.
Isn't it great when your kids are sweet to one another?
last but not least, cute hair!!

hosander said...

Eva is super cute, great pictures.
I'm glad Clarkie is being a good big brother.
Why does your business card have a pear on it?

Heather E. said...

I am loving loving your hair. Eva is sitting up? Um. What? I love the business card. I like that your last name is "creative". I'd love to see some before and after pics of spring cleaning day. I doubt you even need to clean, who does that? But rearranging furniture is therapeutic, no?

LauraLee said...

What! No more FLDS wife!

Sara said...

Your hair is beautiful! And little Eva is darling.

Jancisco said...

Its a pear because I took a picture of a pear to practice my manual settings and then I messed around with it on photoshop to practice that program. Then I liked it, so I put it on my card.

lisa said...

Love your haircut, Love Eva and her cute stripey outfit, Love those tortillas, Love your card (No skills? yeah right!?), Love your workout regimen (They key is tightening your core isn't it?!) You look so cute! Glad all is well down there in TX!

Ryan & Keri said...

I LOVE your hair and I wish I could have seen Clark protecting/helping his baby sister--so sweet! But I didn't know about your decision to start a little business. Good for you!

amelia and crew said...

Holy moly! That was brave to cut off so much hair. I hope you love it because it is a great new look for you. BTW, I LOVED your workout video and have been showing all of my family.

Seantae Jackson said...

You're hair is SUPER cute! And I was so glad I read your blog, to see your cute face, and find out that Sam's Club accepts food card... that makes my month! Hey, how do you post your slideshows that you make? I can't get mine on blogger.

the Danosaur said...

I always want to leave some clever comment on your blog, but then I can't think of anything clever, and then I don't comment. So I just won't be clever. Your hair is way cute, Eva is also way cute, your business card isn't cute, it's classy, and...the end.

Amy S said...

I love your new haircut...super cute!

JoEllen said...

I agree with the masses, your hair really is awesome! What a change in a year!

Eva is darling with her little tongue sticking out...

Best of wishes rearranging the furniture and with your business. I like the pear.

Ann-Marie said...

I love your post. How did you do your header? It's fantastic!

Zach and Codi said...

Dont you love the HEB in Texas? They have some great Texas stuff..

Sarah Johnson said...

Oh Jan, Jan, Jan. You leave me speechless. First off, you are rockin that new doo. Totally and completely. Second off, I need to get myself some of dem authentico tortillas. Third, I only wish I looked as good as you from that kick-butt exercise regime. Sadly, I don't. And I haven't even given brith to two children. Maybe I need to get myself some kiddies so I can look half as hot as you G!

Jami Black said...

Love the new, ever shorter hair, and especially the adorable Eva. I'm so glad you posted about the tortillas too-they are our new favorite!

janel said...

Eva looks like "The cutest baby ever" but she might have to fight my Lily for the title. Or wait a week, because Lily is so chubby she's busting out of hers. Then Eva can be uncontested. Because she is cute. But maybe not as cute as her mom, with new hair.