Saturday:
Cleaning up Ben's closet at his parents' home. Playing with Clark.
Jenni and Jarad's Wedding Festivities. Also, buying a new Clark-Carrier.
Sunday:
Church

Monday:
Zion's National Park with Matt and Laura Bassett (and Max and Ava)
Swimming in Pine Creek. Clark wasn't going to get wet, but then he got all sandy. . .
Then home for a Shakespearean Play that evening
Twelfth Night
Tuesday:
Road trip with Grandma Francisco to Escalante (don't pronounce the E), Posey Lake, Hell's Backbone, Boulder, and back again. It was amazing to see that part of the country in Utah.
Grandma Francisco told us about Sixty Mac, who drove a Cat over a few fallen logs to take the cable across for the bridge at Hell's
Backbone. She said he was never afraid of anything, and was a lot like Lurch. He drove the machine over a crevass that was like a billion miles deep.
Footprints up the sandstone where kids have climbed up and slid down on board-tobagans for generations.
Hell's Backbone bridge (see: 60 Mac above)
Down the billion-mile crevass.
That evening we recuperated.
Wednesday (the Fourth of July):
Started out with a horse ride. I was reminded about why I thought Cowboy Ben was a hottie.
Wranglers
A Horsegirl and her dog.
Ruger pretty much did whatever he wanted to. I pretended to be the intelligent one.
We spent the afternoon at the cabin, taking naps and being beaten in Billiards by Jackie (Ben's mom).
Thursday we packed up and drove to Provo after a satisfying and exciting week in the city of Enoch. Thanks to the Franciscos for their hospitality.
3 comments:
Robyn here... love the pictures. Jan I'm impressed with your riding skills! I have never even been on a horse. I think I can wait awhile though to check that one off my "to do" list.
I LOVE that one of Clark with the hat on!! (I'm assuming it's Russian?!?)
It's nice to see Clark's hair coming in full and thick.
Post a Comment