Wednesday, February 14, 2007

He's Home!

Sorry, sorry, sorry. I haven't been too good at updating this site because we havne't had access to the Hospital's high speed internet because HE CAME HOME ON MONDAY! Also, I've been too preoccupied to do much else but anticipate all of his moves.

Its interesting to see how we've gotten used to each other so quickly. The night that he came home, he was WAY overstimulated. If you've been to our house, you'll know that there is a lot of stuff to look at--and he was just looking around wide-eyed and confused. He was too overwhelmed to nurse well, or sleep well and I was TOTALLY overwhelmed and overprotective of him. I just wanted to sit in his room upstairs with him and not talk to anyone or see anything.

I'm doing much better now. We're not strangers anymore. He knows us and we know him and its wonderful. He's doing well in everything--eating a lot and still using the bililights that we brought home yesterday (I was freaking out about his yellow coloring and lethargy so the doctor ordered me some lights--more for my sake than for his, I think). He is pretty much the best baby ever. No spitting up, no crying without reason, just fun facial expressions and lots of looking around. He's adorable.

I'll load some more pictures as I get access to wireless. Thank you so much for your prayers and concern. He is a miracle.

6 comments:

fREnCh TrOSt said...

Hey guys-
we are so happy for you both, we would love to come up and meet brooklyn's brand new prince, so let us know when things calm down so we can come up. congrats again!!! you two are going to be wonderful parents! We love you and can't wait to have the future of the fransisco legacy meet eachother...we will have brooklyn looking perfect...and hopefully she won't always be bigger than clark! we love you!!!
Kevin and Emily Trost
p.s., give us a call when you arn't too busy, we would love to catch up!

jethrojones said...

Congrats, you guys. We are so happy for you. Katya had a lot of similar problems when she was first born, and the doctors still sometimes try to scare us, but it is great to have a little baby around all the time. We love you and congrats again.

Katie and Eric said...

I am so glad to hear that you are home now. It is so nice to get home after being in the hospital for so long and enjoy learning all about this new little baby you have. It sounds like you are taking it all in like a pro. We are so excited for you guys and are glad that everything is going better.

Anonymous said...

Well Ben and the JanFrancisco treat,
Congrats on the new little addition to your fam. I definitely want to come up and see the whole Francisco clan now before I take off, so let me know when would be best. I'm pretty flexible right now. And franny all these pictures remind me of the day you came into my world. Frighteningly similiar! So small and naive. I love you guys. Miracles are great aren't they?!
Waters

Sara said...

Jan and Ben!
We are so excited for you. Thanks for sharing the blog address with us. We'll be tuning in regularly!

I'm grateful everything is calming down for little Clark! That was quite the entrance into the world. He looks just darling.

Love you Jan. Sara (and fam)

Daniel Hunter said...

Hey Franciscos!
I haven't checked my hotmail forever, so when I logged on today, I read about Clark's entry back at the first of the month and about how he just barely came home. Kind of nice to get all the news at once like that! CONGRATULATIONS!!! He must've been one exceptional spirit up there to get the topest notch quality parents. If you guys are ever down in P-town, you should give Nicole and me a ring, and give us some parenting tips, (we're due in July!) Congrats again and talk to you later!