Friday, February 10, 2012

Sara Pearl Francisco

Wednesday morning at 8:37, Sara Pearl Francisco entered this world. She weighed 6 pounds, 3 ounces and was 18 inches long.
She has Clark and Myra's facial features, but Eva's hair.  So finally Ben and I mixed our genes.  She is really sweet and mild. 

I had an uneventful c-section (the best kind) and am home now after about 55 hours.  It was a very pleasant experience. 
She even got to stay with me in my room the whole time--unless I sent her away so I could sleep.  Her jaundice wasn't bad enough for lights and she is otherwise totally healthy!!  I love the quiet soft time in the hospital.  Now that I'm home I feel like she's got to defend herself from all of her loving siblings' loving advances.  Maybe staying in the hospital for six months is a good plan.  Maybe they could teach a little baby kickboxing for self-defense.

Come to think of it, though, I think she was kickboxing in my belly for the last few months. 

Ben's incredibly nice team at the VA let him off early yesterday so we just hung out with the baby in the hospital for hours.  It was like it was our first one all over again.  One of the best days in my recent memory.
And thanks to that fantastic friend, Kim Paulos and her partner in charity, Sarah Allred, for dressing Sara up and taking pictures of her in the hospital.  They are wonderful friends.

We are so thrilled to have Sara in our family.

15 comments:

Zach and Codi said...

Oh my goodness!! I think I adore her as much as I adore her wonderful mommy!! So glad you two lovely ladies are doing well. Love you guys! Congratulations!!

parkergirl said...

Congratulations Jan! I am so excited for you guys! That is great Ben got to spend some extra time with you! What a treat! She looks absolutely healthy & perfect. I love the name Sarah, its simple, classic, and beautiful all at the same time. You all look great! Lots of love!

hosander said...

Wonderful pictures! Anna and I are adoring them, she likes when babies where jammies and lounge pants. Sara is gorgeous, I hope your recovery goes well.

Debra Hawkins said...

She is beautiful! Congratulations!

Lindsey said...

Yay she is here and she is darling and so little! I'm glad everything went smoothly and that your hospital stay was nice and quiet!

Ann-Marie said...

I guess it takes 4 deliveries to finally get one that is uneventful. I am in love with the photos. She is beautiful. I am so very happy for you!

Jolyn said...

Congratulations! She is perfect. But, of course she is... she has perfect parents.

Mariley Johnson said...

She is so teeny tiny and adorable! I'm glad that everything went well.

Melissa said...

Congratulations Francisco family!! She is so sweet!

Jenny Bay said...

Congratulations! She is absolutely beautiful, and I had no idea you were pregnant! In fact, I saw you at the adult session of stake conference and had no idea, and thought to myself how pretty you looked. Enjoy cuddling with your sweetie!

Jessica F. said...

So precious and darling! This post made me really want a girl. Live it up with all those darling bows and dresses and cute girliness!

Jenni S said...

Beautiful little baby. Congratulations!!!

Ben and Nanci Hanks said...

How perfect. She's a doll! Congrats to all six of you!

LeChem Fam said...

Congratulations she is beautiful!

Seantae Jackson said...

She is beautiful. How great for you to have such a great day and experience through it all. Your family pictures below are beautiful!