Pretty much, one of the most stressful months of our lives. I'm glad to see it end, even though it was very exciting. I've been noticing my grey hair gaining a lot of ground. Sort of a Cruella deVil look, striped right up the front.
The first two weeks were spent in agonizing impatience as we contemplated our upcoming move to somewhere. We are such obsessive planners and schemers that not knowing any specifics was making us crazy. So we focused all of our attention on Phoenix, one of our picks for Residency. This turned out to be a giant waste of energy. Because we are staying HERE in San Antonio for residency! Yes we are happy about it. Not at all disappointed, just relieved at how easy it will be to move. I think it was God's personal message to us: "If you won't simplify your life, I'll do it for you."
Two days later, we had a Free Family 5K (inspired by my cousin Willie [don't bother]). Which was so fun to think about and plan for, but when the breakfast tacos burnt the night before and I had to decide whether to go to Sam's Club just before closing to buy muffins with 5 kids (babysitting), or take my chances with HEB donuts the morning of, the grey hairs started winning. And my eye started twitching. Turned out fine though, with donuts and slightly burnt tacos (when preparing food for hungry runners, expectations can be low).
Then a week later, we had made an offer on a new house a few miles up the road, and it was accepted. So now, we are just waiting waiting waiting waiting for all of the incomprehensible mortgage stuff to go through so we can move in!
April is going to be so fun! I think I'll dye my hair again for graduation.
9 comments:
I haven't noticed a single gray hair OR twitching! However that may be due to my own! I'm with you--good riddance March.
That will be exciting to stay in San Antonio. I heard that you met my friend Katie Sherman. She was next door neighbor and we miss them. Keep having fun and staying busy.
happy things are working out for you guys. not knowing the future is so tough, we never know year to year. and we decided to have a kid in the middle of this next decision time. yay. God certainly takes care of us though, I just wish he told us more along the way what is going to happen. oh well. Love you!!!
don't bother willie!
did the 5k planning enable you to take your mind off of the unknown anticipation?
And where's my baby myra jane updated pictures?
Go grey, Jancisco. Go grey in style.
Yeah, that mortgage stuff is horrible and confusing. But I guess if you guys can figure out how to raise 3 kids while going to medical school and moving every other month, you should be able to figure it out.
Congrats though!
Congrats on staying & getting a home. How exciting! I do wish you were moving here though..maybe someday.
The part about you staying in San Antonio makes me very, very happy!! We'll be moving back at the end of the year. So where's your new house?
We're all getting grayer. Good luck on the residency.
Post a Comment