Friday, July 23, 2010

Announcing our latest addition!

So this happened on Tuesday.  Which really wasn't pleasant.
But then this happened today!  And it IS pleasant!

Introducing. . . (we're still thinking of a name.  Must be a famous American author.  Names already taken: Faulkner, Hemingway, Fenimore, Twain, Dickinson, Hawthorne[?]) Feel free to submit your ideas.  Ben's leaning towards McDougall.  Author of "Born to Run".  I like the idea of calling the van "Mac" but I hesitate to introduce McDougall into the pantheon of great American writers.  I think he mostly writes for "Runners World".

By the way, everyone is fine.  Eva and I screamed pretty loudly when that massive Tahoe plowed into our side, but thanks to a side airbag, and a good car seat, everyone (including the baby) was absolutely fine.  Clark said it wasn't scary, "just loud."

9 comments:

JethRobyn said...

I'm really really glad to hear you are all ok. I'm sorry that you had to go through all that, but oh so happy to see your new van!! AWESOME!! My vote for name would be Steinbeck.

hosander said...

Steinbeck is taken.

I don't think Hawthorne is taken. Emerson is available (Waldo?)

I bet you could find another one that would give you Mac as a nickname.

It's a pretty slick looking vehicle, I'm glad you got it all figured out and I hope it performs well for you.

the browns said...

So glad you guys are OK. I bet that van will be super nice when the baby comes. Can't wait to see you guys again in a few weeks!

Jessica F. said...

We have the same van and I LOVE it. We haven't named ours anything, clearly we are out of the car naming loop!
Glad you are all safe!

Jamie Francisco said...

I see you have abandoned the Francisco family Toyota tradition!! No, it looks like a great vehicle we are glad that everyone is okay.

Bridgette said...

Yikes! I am glad you all are ok! That looks like it would cause some serious whiplash.
Congrats on the new van, way cool. PS. when I see that flower on your sidebar I always think it is a urinal.

Ann-Marie said...

Look at you Fancy Nancy! Sportin' around an Odyssey. Maybe we should paint some wood paneling on the side?!? ;)

Sara said...

Congrats on joining the minivan world! It's a pretty great place to be.

I'm glad everyone was safe from the accident.

the Danosaur said...

Whoa! But it looks like it was a blessing in (a scary) disguise. Glad everyone is okay.

As for a name...Poe, Whitman, Eliot, Frost...?