Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Recipes that don't work

This is part of a series featured on Hosander's blog. They are always inspiring.

Smoothie

1 banana
1/2 c. blueberries
lots of jam
1 container of yogurt
1/2 c. orange juice
handful of spinach
1/2 c. milk
ice
twisty tie

Mix these all together, wonder why it doesn't ever sound fully mixed. Wonder why there is paper in your teeth crevices. Wonder why there is a gnarled piece of wire on the side of your cup. Take the drinks away from your children.

4 comments:

Benjamin said...

That's hilarious. Definitely worthy of inclusion in the RTDW series. And definitely capable of causing digestive problems.

Benjamin said...

Heh, I had an <applause /> HTML tag in my comment, but Blogger decided to try to render it as HTML. I'm pretty sure <applause /> doesn't really do anything on the page.

janel said...

I thought you were going to say the spinach was the problem. : )
The twisty tie is much funnier, though.

the Danosaur said...

Sounds like just the crunch you needed! A little subconscious anemia, perhaps?

By the way, speaking of smoothies...
I have started buying the frozen fruit medleys and making a smoothie out of some of that, 1/2 a banana, a little milk, and some apple juice. (This due to the dearth of affordable fresh fruit.) I must say it's a dream. No peeling, no slicing, no clean up. And the apple juice makes it sweet enough to not need any sugar. The only reason I've left out the spinach is...I haven't bought any lately. Anyway, thought I'd share.