Ben and I signed up for the new familysearch website on Sunday and we had a great time looking though it--identifying possible family names to use on the baby we currently call "Nausea".
Here are some of the best (and worst):
Girls:
Myra
Viola
Magdelena
Dicey
Zelpha/Zilpha (a reoccuring name in the Francisco line)
Boys:
Delamar
Ole Chri
Orson
Kitnye (married to "Mrs. Kitnye Kidney")
and our personal favorite - Marmaduke.
Some other interesting facts from this search-- I am related to John Taylor. YES! THAT John Taylor. Now you can see where I get all of my righteousness. AND, we are related to James Taylor. No. Not that James Taylor; the James Taylor born in 1783. So I don't think we saw him in concert. . . heard he was phenomenal though.
I'd like to hear which names you like best.
12 comments:
I definitely like "Nausea" the best! For now, at least!
Though I can't understand why you wouldn't stick with such a great unisex name like Nausea, my favorite is probably Dicey. Rhymes with spicey...
Although, those names seem really fun you could do parts of those names, like Duke, Lamar, Lena, or combine some like Zolenye, Micey, or Dole.
There was a lady on our softball team named Dicey. She was better than all of us, so I like that name.
Viola would be a good violin player. Zelpha, I think, is a vampire. Orson, if you are a solid church history fan. Ole Chri... anything with Ole in the name must taste really good and be up for a party at any time. Hook me up with Ole...
Myra is adorable! For a girl.
Magdalena is pretty, but Magdalena Francisco is kind of a mouthful. And very Catholic. Do Viola. That's my grandma's name. And if it's a boy I think you have no choice but to go with Marmaduke.
I really like Myra too. I agree that Magdalena is pretty, but Magdalena Francisco is a bit much. I vote Orson for a boy. Family history names are fun. I always think it's interesting to see what gets passed on. If tradition had prevailed, I would have been married to Rossario Joseph Giani, instead of Salvatore. And yes, it is a girl's name in Spanish!!
I like Mira instead of Myra, but definitely not Moira. Dicey on our softball team is a very amazing person, but I think she spells it Dycey, or dycie or something.
Please name the baby Clive, so I don't have to argue with Jethro why we can't use that name. Ok, you really don't, I wouldn't want to do that to your baby, but adopt a dog, and then name it Clive. I had an Uncle named Hammer. You are welcome to try that one out.
I've always liked Kia, maybe you could get it into the next generation since mom wouldn't let me name you that. then for a boy, bob, which brings the inspiration of that whole name together-The Kiabob forest at Grand Canyon. That WASN'T the trip were I tried to burn down a cabin and later a motel room
Gall, with all the available options, I'm kind of at a loss. I want to vote "Delamar", just because its a family name as well--and means "of the sea" in French. But my heart is pulling for Marmelade. Or what was it again? Jam?
My friend, you might want to stick with plain, ol' nausea for the moment. (or "Sprinda"--Uncle Jeddy's latest creation).
Post a Comment